Not Your Average Fall Salad
First off, I have a confession to make. My obsession with La Criox is at a whole new level. It was already pretty out of control, considering I drink about 3-4 cans of it a day and our pantry often resembles a La Croix warehouse. I am not exaggerating.
But in general, all was well and good. That is until my work started stocking it in our mini-fridges! I sung the praises of the office staff as I no longer was going to have to pack 2 La Croix’ every morning. Hallelujah!
My joy was short lived.
When I opened the mini fridge the other day, I realized there weren’t any more La Croix left. They hadn’t restocked my fridge with Cran-Rasberry goodness. What was I going to do?! I hadn’t packed and. Logically, I supposed I could drink normal water, but after the joy of La Croix you can never really go back.
The next rational decision? To go raid the other department’s mini fridges. That my friends, was a low point for me. As I walked away from the engineer’s mini fridge, La Croix in hand, I wasn’t proud, but I was happy.
Also, if anyone from the office is reading this, please forgive me.
Okay, on to better things…
- 1-2 Red Apple
- Add 1/2 Cup of Quinoa with 1 Cup of Water to a pan
- Bring mixture to a boil and then let simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until Quinoa is light, fluffy and tender
- Dice up 1 Red Apple that will serve as your "sweet dressing" so add 2 if so inclined
- Cut 4 pieces of salami into small bite size pieces
- Toss all the ingredients together and serve on top of a bed of lettuce
- *Leave out Quinoa to make this recipe Paleo and Whole30 friendly. Quinoa is a gluten-free grain, but not a part of these diets.